The 500 S&W rifle is a powerful and accurate rifle that is perfect for hunting, target shooting, and even self-defense. It is a versatile firearm that can be used for a variety of purposes. This is a large caliber rifle that is capable of delivering tremendous amounts of energy and accuracy. It is a great choice for those who want a rifle that can handle a variety of tasks.
The rifle is a great choice for those who want a rifle that is reliable, accurate, and powerful. With the right scope, the rifle can be an even more effective and accurate rifle. There are a variety of scopes available for the rifle, ranging from basic to advanced. Each scope has its own unique features and benefits that can help make the rifle even more effective.
Top Scope For 500 S&W
1. UTG BugBuster Rifle Scope
1. Magnification Range: The UTG Scope features a magnification range of 3x to 9x, allowing you to make precise shots at close to mid-range distances.
2. Optics: The scope is equipped with emerald coated lenses and a mil-dot reticle that provide a clear and bright image with accurate target acquisition.
3. Durability: The scope is constructed with a shockproof, fogproof, and rainproof design that can withstand extreme weather conditions.
4. Adjustment: The scope features a dual-sided, adjustable turret that offers precise windage and elevation adjustments.
5. Price: The UTG Scope is an affordable option for those looking for a quality scope for their 500 S&W rifle.
2. Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope
1. Fully multi-coated lenses: The Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40mm Ballistic Plex Riflescope features fully multi-coated lenses that provide excellent light transmission, clarity, and color fidelity.
2. Ballistic Plex Reticle: The Ballistic Plex reticle allows for fast target acquisition and accurate shot placement. The reticle is designed to be used with the S&W rifle, making it perfect for hunting and target shooting.
3. Waterproof and Fogproof: The Burris Fullfield II is waterproof and fogproof, making it perfect for hunting in any weather condition.
4. Durable Construction: The Burris Fullfield II is constructed from high-grade aluminum and is designed to withstand the harshest environments.
5. Adjustable Parallax: The Burris Fullfield II features an adjustable parallax, allowing you to adjust the focus from 10 to infinity.
6. Lifetime Warranty: The Burris Fullfield II comes with a lifetime warranty, ensuring that you’ll be covered in the event of any defects or damage.
3. Simmons ProTarget Rifle Scope
1. Fully Multi-Coated Optics: The ProTarget Rifle Scope is equipped with fully multi-coated optics that provide a bright and clear image.
2. Adjustable Parallax: The scope features an adjustable parallax for precise accuracy and a wide range of distances.
3. Quick Target Acquisition: The fast-focus eyepiece and long eye relief make it easy to acquire targets quickly and accurately.
4. Waterproof and Fogproof: The scope is waterproof and fogproof, making it a great choice for hunting in all weather conditions.
5. Durable Construction: The scope is constructed from high-quality materials and is built to last.
6. Shockproof: The scope is shockproof, making it a great choice for hunting in rugged terrain.
7. Reticle: The ProTarget 4-12x44mm Rifle Scope is equipped with a Mil-Dot reticle for accurate aiming.
4. Barska 3-9×40 AO Varmint Mil-Dot Riflescope
1. Fully multi-coated optics: The Barska scope features fully multi-coated optics to ensure maximum light transmission and clarity.
2. Adjustable objective lens: This scope features an adjustable objective lens that allows users to adjust the focus of the image and eliminate parallax.
3. Mil-Dot reticle: The scope is equipped with a Mil-Dot reticle, which allows for more precise aiming and shooting.
4. Shockproof construction: The scope is constructed with a shockproof design to ensure that it can withstand the recoil of a S&W rifle.
5. Waterproof and fogproof: The scope is waterproof and fogproof, so it can be used in any weather conditions.
6. Wide field of view: The scope offers a wide field of view, allowing users to keep an eye on their target easily.
7. Windage and elevation turrets: The scope features windage and elevation turrets for easy adjustment and precise aiming.
8. Limited lifetime warranty: The Varmint Mil-Dot Riflescope comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
5. Primary Arms FFP Rifle Scope
1. Fully Multi-Coated Lenses: The Primary Arms Scope features fully multi-coated lenses for maximum light transmission and image clarity.
2. First Focal Plane Reticle: The reticle is placed in the first focal plane, which allows for accurate range estimation and holdover at any magnification.
3. Illuminated Reticle: The illuminated reticle makes it easy to acquire targets in low light conditions.
4. Zero Stop Turrets: The zero stop turrets allow for quick and easy adjustments without losing your zero.
5. Parallax Adjustment: The scope features a side parallax adjustment to eliminate parallax error and ensure accuracy.
6. Waterproof and Shockproof Construction: The scope is constructed from aircraft grade aluminum and is waterproof and shockproof, making it suitable for all weather conditions.
7. Warranty: The Primary Arms Scope comes with a lifetime warranty.
8. Compatible with 500 S&W Rifle: The scope is specifically designed to be compatible with 500 S&W rifle, making it the perfect scope for your rifle.
6. Monstrum Tactical Rifle Scope
1. Fully Multi-Coated Optics: The Monstrum Tactical Scope features fully multi-coated optics, providing you with a crystal clear image and improved light transmission for a brighter image in low light conditions.
2. Illuminated Reticle: The Scope features a red and green illuminated reticle, allowing you to easily acquire targets in low light conditions.
3. Parallax Adjustment: The Scope features adjustable parallax from 10 yards to infinity, allowing you to easily adjust for range and accuracy.
4. Shockproof Design: The Scope is constructed from aircraft grade aluminum alloy, providing a shockproof and durable design.
5. Built-in Sunshade: The Rifle Scope features a built-in sunshade to reduce glare and improve visibility in bright light conditions.
6. Turrets: The Monstrum Scope features adjustable turrets for easy windage and elevation adjustments.
7. Waterproof Design: The Scope is waterproof and fogproof, allowing you to use it in any weather conditions.
8. Fast Focus Eyepiece: This features a fast focus eyepiece, allowing you to quickly and easily adjust the focus of the scope.
9. Wide Magnification Range: It features a wide magnification range of 6-24x, allowing you to easily acquire targets at various distances.
10. 500 S&W Compatible: The Scope is compatible with 500 S&W rifles, making it the perfect scope for 500 S&W rifles.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Scope for 500 S&W Rifle
1. Magnification Power
The magnification power of a scope determines how much the target will appear to be magnified when viewed through the scope. Generally, the higher the magnification power, the better the accuracy of the shot. A scope with a higher magnification power will allow the shooter to better identify their target and make more accurate shots.
When choosing a scope for a rifle, look for one with a magnification power of at least 6x or higher. This will ensure that the shooter can accurately identify their target and make more accurate shots.
2. Eye Relief
Eye relief is the distance between the eyepiece of the scope and the shooter’s eye. It is important to consider when choosing a scope for a S&W rifle because the rifle produces a significant amount of recoil. A scope with a longer eye relief will allow the shooter to keep their eye further away from the scope and still have a clear view of the target.
This will help reduce the risk of injury from the recoil. Additionally, a scope with a longer eye relief will provide a wider field of view, allowing the shooter to acquire their target more quickly.
The reticle should be designed to provide accurate aiming points at various ranges. A good reticle should have a range of aiming points that are easy to read and understand. It should also be designed to be visible in low light conditions. Additionally, the reticle should be adjustable so that it can be tailored to the shooter’s preferences. Finally, the reticle should be designed to be durable and resistant to damage from recoil.
4. Parallax Adjustment
Parallax adjustment is a feature found in some rifle scopes that allows the shooter to adjust the focus of the scope to the target. This is important because it helps to ensure that the shooter is able to accurately aim at the target. Parallax adjustment is especially important when shooting at long distances, as the parallax effect can cause the image to appear to move when the shooter moves their head.
By adjusting the parallax, the shooter can ensure that the image remains steady and that they can accurately aim at the target.
5. Turret Adjustment
The scope should have a turret adjustment feature that allows for quick and precise adjustments to the windage and elevation of the scope. This is important for long-range shooting, as it allows the shooter to make adjustments to the scope without having to move the rifle. The turret adjustment should be easy to use and have clearly marked indicators for the shooter to make adjustments quickly and accurately.
6. Objective Lens Diameter
The objective lens diameter of a scope is the size of the lens at the far end of the scope that is closest to the target. It is measured in millimeters and is usually between 16mm and 56mm. The larger the objective lens diameter, the more light that can enter the scope and the brighter the image will be.
When choosing a scope, it is important to choose an objective lens diameter that is large enough to provide a clear image in low light conditions. A larger objective lens diameter will also provide a wider field of view, allowing you to see more of the target.
7. Tube Diameter
The tube diameter of a scope is an important factor to consider when purchasing a scope for a S&W rifle. The tube diameter should be large enough to accommodate the size of the rifle’s barrel, as well as the size of the scope’s objective lens.
A larger tube diameter will also provide more internal space for the scope’s components, allowing for a better viewing experience. Additionally, a larger tube diameter will also provide more strength and durability to the scope, making it more resistant to recoil and other external forces.
Durability is an important factor to consider when selecting a scope for a S&W rifle. The scope must be able to withstand the recoil of the S&W round, as well as the environmental conditions it will be exposed to. Look for a scope that is constructed from high-quality materials such as aircraft-grade aluminum or stainless steel, and is waterproof and fog-proof.
Additionally, the scope should have a shockproof rating that is suitable for the S&W round. Finally, look for a scope that has a good warranty, as this will provide additional peace of mind.
Weight is an important factor to consider when choosing the best scope for a S&W rifle. The weight of the scope will determine how well it performs and how comfortable it is to use. A heavier scope will be more stable and will provide better accuracy, but it may also be more difficult to carry and use in the field.
A lighter scope may be easier to carry and use, but it may not provide the same level of accuracy. It is important to consider the weight of the scope when making a decision on the best scope for a S&W rifle.
A scope with waterproofing is essential when using a S&W rifle, as it is designed for hunting in wet conditions. Look for a scope that is waterproof and fog-proof, meaning it can withstand being submerged in water and also prevent fogging up when exposed to moisture.
Additionally, choose a scope with a nitrogen-filled tube, which prevents internal fogging and ensures clear visibility in all weather conditions.
Monstrum VS Primary Arms
Optical Performance: Both Monstrum and Primary Arms use fully multi-coated optics to provide bright and clear images. However, Primary Arms scopes are generally known for their exceptional clarity and edge-to-edge sharpness.
Magnification: Monstrum and Primary Arms offer similar magnification options, with both brands offering variable magnification scopes that range from 1-6x or 1-8x.
Reticle: Monstrum scopes come with a variety of reticle options, including BDC, MOA, and duplex reticles. Primary Arms is known for their ACSS reticle, which is designed to provide quick and accurate target acquisition at different ranges.
Durability: Both brands construct their scopes from high-quality materials that make them durable and able to withstand harsh environments. However, Monstrum scopes are generally more rugged and shockproof, making them a better option for heavy recoil firearms.
Price: Both Monstrum and Primary Arms offer affordable scopes, but Monstrum is generally known for their more budget-friendly options.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best scope for a 500 S&W rifle?
Some of the most popular options include fixed power scopes, variable power scopes, and red dot sights. Fixed power scopes are ideal for long distance shooting and offer more clarity and accuracy at those distances. Variable power scopes offer the flexibility to adjust the magnification level depending on the shooting scenario. Red dot sights are great for quick target acquisition and close range shooting.
2. What features should I look for when choosing a scope for a 500 S&W rifle?
When choosing a scope, you should look for features that will enhance the accuracy and precision of your shooting. Specifically, you should look for features such as:
1. Magnification: Look for a scope with a high level of magnification that will allow you to see your target clearly at long distances.
2. Reticle: Choose a scope with an illuminated reticle that will help you to more accurately aim at your target in low light conditions.
3. Adjustable Objective: Look for a scope with an adjustable objective that will allow you to fine-tune the focus of your scope to ensure that you have the clearest view possible of your target.
4. Parallax Adjustment: Look for a scope with a parallax adjustment so that you can ensure that your reticle stays perfectly aligned with your target.
5. Durability: Look for a scope that is made from high-quality materials that will stand up to the recoil.
3. What is the best type of scope mount for a S&W rifle?
The best type of scope mount for a S&W rifle is a one-piece mount. A one-piece mount gives you the most stability and accuracy, as it is securely attached to the rifle and ensures that the scope will remain in place and not shift during recoil. Additionally, a one-piece mount is easy to install and provides a solid foundation for your scope.
4. What magnification level should I use for a S&W rifle?
The best magnification level to use for a S&W rifle depends on the type of shooting you plan to do. For general target shooting, a scope with a magnification of 4-12x or 6-20x is ideal. For hunting, a scope with a magnification of 8-32x or 10-40x should provide enough power to accurately hit targets at longer distances.
5. What is the best reticle type for a S&W rifle?
Generally, a duplex reticle is a good choice for hunting because it is easy to see in low light conditions and provides a good range of aiming points. A Mil-Dot reticle is also a popular choice for long range shooting as it provides a range of aiming points that can be used to accurately calculate distance and windage.
Finally, a BDC reticle is a good choice for shooters who need to quickly adjust for elevation or windage.
6. Are there any special considerations when mounting a scope on a S&W rifle?
Yes, there are a few special considerations to keep in mind when mounting a scope on a 500 S&W rifle. First, since the 500 S&W rifle is a large caliber rifle, you should make sure that the scope you select is designed to handle the recoil of the rifle. Second, since the 500 S&W rifle is a powerful rifle, you should make sure that the scope you select is capable of withstanding the force of the rifle’s recoil.
Additionally, you should make sure that the scope you select is waterproof and fogproof, as these features will help ensure that your scope will remain in good working condition even in extreme weather conditions. Finally, you should also make sure that the scope you select has a wide field of view, as this will help you to better track and target your shots.
The S&W rifle is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a powerful and reliable firearm. Its high power and accuracy make it an ideal choice for hunting, target shooting, and self-defense. Its versatility and durability make it a great choice for any shooter, regardless of experience level.
With its wide range of ammunition options, the S&W is a great choice for any shooting application. Its high power and accuracy make it a great choice for long range shooting and its rugged construction makes it a great choice for any environment.
More Scopes: .280 AI | Trijicon | Henry H004 | RWS Diana 34 | 460 XVR | Sniper | Savage Axis | 350 Legend | Sig 716 | Savage 99 | Sako TRG 42 | Marlin XT-22 | 50 BMG | Rimfire | Pellet Gun | TC Contender | T97 | Scar 20s | SIG 516 | Savage Model 220 | Savage B22 | S&W 686 | Zastava M77 | Savage 110 | Winchester Model 190 | Winchester Model 70 | Winchester 1885 | Weihrauch HW77 | Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 | TX200 MK3 | Tikka T1x | 303 British | Savage 64F | 357 Magnum | 28 Nosler | 375 H&H | 300 PRC | Crosman 1077 | Rossi RS22 | CZ 457 | Saint Victor 308 | Henry H001 | .35 Whelen | 6.8 SPC | Savage Axis | Remington 597 | Remington 7600 | Benjamin 392 | MK12 | Sig Sauer Cross | Crickett 22 | Browning AB3 | Benelli R1 | Benelli Lupo | 458 Socom | Browning Bar | 600 Yards | 270 WSM | 224 Valkyrie | Scar 17s | Savage Rascal .22 | Ruger Mini 30 | Remington 700 | Marlin 30-30 | M82A1 | Henry 357 | Henry 22 | Winchester Wildcat 22 | Rossi R92 | 50 Beowulf | 7mm Remington Magnum | FX Impact | CVA Paramount | 9mm Carbine | 6mm ARC | HK91 | Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag | CZ 527 | RWS 48 | Birding Spotting Scopes | Thermal | Ruger 10/22 | Colt M4 | 450 Bushmaster | Scar 16 Acog | Winchester 94 | Tikka T3 | Nightforce | 223 Varmint | ACOG | DMR | 1-4x | Crossbow | Handgun | Slug Gun | 22LR | Rimfire | Night Vision | LPVO | Illuminated | Rangefinder | 1 8x | Rossi 92 Scout
Hey, This is Ebert Alberts. I’m the sole writer and creator of all the content you’ll find on this site. I’ve been passionate about shooting with scopes, red dot sights, and all kinds of gun optics for years now. And during that time, I’ve learned a lot – often the hard way. I’ve wasted thousands of dollars on scopes that turned out to be duds, and I’ve also found some real gems along the way.