The 50 BMG (Browning Machine Gun) is one of the most powerful and versatile firearms on the market today. It is a large-caliber rifle cartridge that is used for long-range shooting, target shooting, and even hunting. The 50 BMG is a powerful and accurate round that can reach out and touch targets at extreme distances.
With its impressive power and accuracy, the 50 BMG is an ideal choice for those looking for a reliable and accurate long-range rifle. When it comes to choosing the best scope for the 50 BMG, there are a few important factors to consider. These include magnification, reticle type, eye relief, and durability.
Top 50 BMG Scopes
1. Burris Optics XTR II Front Focal Riflescope
1. Extremely durable and waterproof: The Burris Riflescope is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum, making it incredibly durable and waterproof. The scope is fog-proof and shockproof, ensuring that it will last for years to come.
2. 8-40x magnification: This scope offers 8-40x magnification, which is perfect for long-range shooting and hunting. The magnification range allows you to see your target clearly, even at distances of up to 1000 yards.
3. Illuminated reticle: The scope features an illuminated reticle, which makes it easier to see your target in low-light conditions. The reticle is also designed to be easy to use, with simple adjustments for windage and elevation.
4. Adjustable parallax: The scope features adjustable parallax, which allows you to fine-tune your aim for more accurate shots. The parallax adjustment also helps to reduce eye strain and fatigue.
5. Fully multi-coated lenses: The lenses on the Burris Optics are fully multi-coated, which helps to reduce glare and reflections. This ensures that you get a clear, crisp image of your target.
2. Bushnell Elite Tactical Illuminated Riflescope
1. Fully Multi-Coated Optics: Bushnell Elite offers fully multi-coated optics that provide maximum light transmission, brightness and clarity.
2. Illuminated Reticle: This scope features an illuminated reticle that allows you to quickly and accurately acquire targets in low light conditions.
3. Side Parallax Adjustment: The Bushnell Elite features a side parallax adjustment that allows you to quickly and accurately adjust for parallax errors.
4. Target Turrets: The Target Turrets on this scope allow for precise windage and elevation adjustments.
5. 50mm Objective Lens: The 50mm objective lens provides a wide field of view and maximum light gathering capabilities.
6. Waterproof and Fogproof: This scope is waterproof and fogproof, allowing you to use it in any weather condition.
3. Nightforce ATACR F1 Riflescope
•F1 First Focal Plane Reticle: The Nightforce features a First Focal Plane (FFP) reticle, which allows for accurate ranging and holdover at any magnification.
•High Magnification Range: With a 7-35x magnification range, this scope is capable of accurately engaging targets from close range to extended distances.
•ED Glass: The ED glass lenses offer superior light transmission and clarity, giving you a bright, clear image.
•ZeroStop Turrets: The ZeroStop turrets allow for quick and accurate adjustments with no lost zero.
•DigIllum Digital Illumination: The DigIllum digital illumination system provides a bright, clear reticle image in low light conditions.
•Weatherproof: The Nightforce ATACR is built to withstand harsh weather conditions and is waterproof, shockproof and fogproof.
tor System: This ensures smooth magnification changes, even under extreme conditions.
4. Trijicon AccuPower Riflescope
1. Magnification: The Trijicon scope offers a magnification range of 5-50x, making it ideal for long-range shooting.
2. Illumination: The riflescope features an illuminated reticle with 11 brightness settings, allowing you to easily adjust the reticle for the best visibility.
3. Parallax Adjustment: Thescope also features a side focus parallax adjustment, allowing you to quickly and accurately adjust the scope for the best accuracy and clarity.
4. Reticle: The scope comes with a Mil-Dot reticle, which is designed for precision shooting at long-range distances.
5. Durability: The AccuPower is built to last, with a single-piece aluminum alloy construction and a waterproof and fogproof design.
6. Warranty: The scope is backed by Trijicon’s Lifetime Warranty, so you can be sure that it will perform for years to come.
5. Sightmark Core Riflescope
-Multi-coated optics: The Sightmark Core TX scope features multi-coated optics that provide a bright, clear image and reduce glare.
-Side Parallax Adjustment: This scope features a side parallax adjustment that allows you to quickly and accurately adjust the focus of the reticle to match the target.
-Illuminated Reticle: The illuminated reticle allows you to see the reticle even in low light conditions.
-Finger Adjustable Turrets: This scope features finger adjustable turrets that allow you to quickly and accurately adjust the windage and elevation.
-30mm Tube: The 30mm tube provides a wide field of view and allows you to see more of your target.
-First Focal Plane Reticle: The first focal plane reticle allows you to accurately range targets at any magnification.
-Shockproof: The shockproof construction of the Sightmark Core ensures that it can withstand the recoil of even the most powerful rifles.
6. Nikon BLACK X1000 Riflescope
1. Fully Multi-Coated Lenses: The Nikon BLACK features fully multi-coated lenses that provide maximum light transmission and a crystal clear view of your target.
2. Adjustable Parallax Setting: The adjustable parallax setting allows you to adjust the distance of the reticle from the target, giving you a precise shot.
3. Quick Focus Eyepiece: The quick focus eyepiece allows you to quickly and easily adjust the reticle to match your target.
4. BDC Reticle: The BDC reticle provides an easy-to-read aiming point for long-distance shots.
5. Built-in Sunshade: The built-in sunshade helps reduce glare and improves contrast.
6. Waterproof and Fogproof: The Nikon BLACK is waterproof and fogproof for reliable performance in all weather conditions.
7. Flip-up Lens Covers: The flip-up lens covers protect the lenses from dirt and debris.
8. Side Focus Adjustment: The side focus adjustment allows you to quickly and accurately focus on your target.
9. Shockproof Design: The shockproof design ensures the scope can withstand the recoil of the 50 BMG.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Scope For 50 BMG
This will allow for accurate and precise targeting of long-range targets. The scope should also have a wide field of view to allow for quick target acquisition and tracking. The scope should also have a parallax adjustment feature to ensure accuracy at various distances.
The scope should also have a reticle that is designed for long-range shooting, such as a mil-dot or BDC reticle. Finally, the scope should be built with high-quality components to ensure durability and reliability in the field.
2. Objective Lens Diameter
The larger the objective lens diameter, the more light it can gather, which will result in a brighter and clearer image. A larger objective lens diameter also allows for a wider field of view, which is important when shooting at long distances.
The ideal objective lens diameter for a 50 BMG scope is 56mm or larger. This will provide the shooter with the best image quality and the most accurate shot placement.
This type of reticle is designed to provide the shooter with an accurate and precise aiming point for long-range shooting. The mil-dot reticle also allows for range estimation and windage and elevation adjustments. The reticle should also be illuminated to provide better visibility in low light conditions.
4. Eye Relief
It is important to have a scope with a long eye relief so that the shooter can keep their eye far enough away from the scope to avoid the recoil of the rifle. A scope with a long eye relief will also provide the shooter with a better field of view. The best scope for a 50 BMG rifle should have an eye relief of at least 4 inches.
5. Parallax Adjustment
This ensures that the shooter has the best possible accuracy when shooting. It also helps reduce eye strain, as the shooter does not have to constantly adjust the scope to get the best view. The parallax adjustment can be adjusted from 10 yards to infinity, depending on the scope.
6. Turret Adjustment
This is especially important when shooting long-range targets with a 50 BMG, as the bullet drop can be significant. The turret adjustment should be easy to use and have audible and tactile clicks, allowing you to make adjustments without taking your eye off the target.
7. Turret Click Value
For the best scope, a turret click value of 1/4 MOA (minute of angle) is ideal. This means that when the turret is turned one click, the point of impact will shift by 1/4 inch at 100 yards. This allows for precise adjustments to be made to the scope’s point of impact.
8. Windage & Elevation Adjustment
This is especially important when shooting at long distances. The scope should have a wide range of adjustment, with a minimum of 1/4 MOA per click, and preferably 1/8 MOA per click. The scope should also have a zero-reset feature, allowing the shooter to quickly return to their original zero after making adjustments.
The scope should have a reticle that is illuminated in either red or green, depending on the shooter’s preference. The illumination should be adjustable to allow for different levels of brightness, depending on the lighting conditions. The scope should also have an adjustable objective lens to allow for different levels of magnification. Finally, the scope should be waterproof and fog-proof to ensure that it can withstand the elements.
10. Durability & Weatherproofing
The scope should be constructed from high-quality materials that are designed to withstand the recoil of the powerful round. The scope should also be waterproof and fogproof to ensure it can withstand any weather conditions. Look for a scope with a nitrogen-filled tube and O-ring seals to ensure it is fogproof and waterproof.
Additionally, the scope should have a scratch-resistant coating to protect it from any wear and tear. Finally, the scope should have shockproof construction to ensure it can withstand the recoil of the 50 BMG.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best scope for a 50 BMG rifle?
The best scope for a 50 BMG rifle is a high-magnification scope with a large objective lens. Look for a scope with at least 40x magnification, a 50mm objective lens, and a reticle designed specifically for long-range shooting.
2. What features should I look for in a scope for a 50 BMG rifle?
When looking for a scope for a 50 BMG rifle, you should look for features that will help you to make accurate and precise shots. Look for features such as a high-quality optical system with a large objective lens and high magnification, a durable and waterproof construction, a reticle that is designed specifically for 50 BMG, an adjustable parallax setting, and windage and elevation turrets with precise and repeatable adjustments.
Additionally, consider the eye relief, field of view, and the weight of the scope to ensure it is comfortable and easy to use.
3. What is the best type of reticle for a 50 BMG scope?
Mil-dot reticles are designed to help the shooter accurately measure distances and adjust for windage and elevation. They also provide the shooter with a reference point for aiming at targets of varying size and distance. A mil-dot reticle is ideal for precision shooting at long distances, making it the perfect choice for a 50 BMG scope.
4. What is the best magnification range for the scope?
The best magnification range for a 50 BMG scope depends on the type of shooting you plan to do. For long-range shooting, a scope with a magnification range of 15x to 30x is ideal. For closer range shooting, a scope with a magnification range of 4x to 10x is recommended.
5. What is the best eye relief for a the scope?
The best eye relief for a 50 BMG scope depends on the type of scope you are using. Generally, a scope with an eye relief of at least 4 inches is recommended, although some scopes may offer up to 6 inches of eye relief.
6. What is the best overall quality 50 BMG scope?
The best overall quality is the US Optics SN-3 5-25x T-Pal. This scope offers unmatched clarity, superior light transmission, and excellent elevation and windage adjustments. It also features a first focal plane reticle, allowing you to accurately range targets at any magnification.
The 50 BMG is an incredibly powerful and versatile round that has been used in a variety of applications. It is an excellent choice for long-range shooting, hunting, and even military and law enforcement use. With its impressive range and accuracy, the rifle is a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable and powerful round. Its versatility and power make it an ideal choice for a variety of shooting needs. With the right scope, the rifle can be an incredibly effective and accurate weapon.
More Scopes: .280 AI | Trijicon | Henry H004 | RWS Diana 34 | 500 S&W | 460 XVR | Sniper | Savage Axis | 350 Legend | Sig 716 | Savage 99 | Sako TRG 42 | Marlin XT-22 | Rimfire | Pellet Gun | TC Contender | T97 | Scar 20s | SIG 516 | Savage Model 220 | Savage B22 | S&W 686 | Zastava M77 | Savage 110 | Winchester Model 190 | Winchester Model 70 | Winchester 1885 | Weihrauch HW77 | Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 | TX200 MK3 | Tikka T1x | 303 British | Savage 64F | 357 Magnum | 28 Nosler | 375 H&H | 300 PRC | Crosman 1077 | Rossi RS22 | CZ 457 | Saint Victor 308 | Henry H001 | .35 Whelen | 6.8 SPC | Savage Axis | Remington 597 | Remington 7600 | Benjamin 392 | MK12 | Sig Sauer Cross | Crickett 22 | Browning AB3 | Benelli R1 | Benelli Lupo | 458 Socom | Browning Bar | 600 Yards | 270 WSM | 224 Valkyrie | Scar 17s | Savage Rascal .22 | Ruger Mini 30 | Remington 700 | Marlin 30-30 | M82A1 | Henry 357 | Henry 22 | Winchester Wildcat 22 | Rossi R92 | 50 Beowulf | 7mm Remington Magnum | FX Impact | CVA Paramount | 9mm Carbine | 6mm ARC | HK91 | Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag | CZ 527 | RWS 48 | Birding Spotting Scopes | Thermal | Ruger 10/22 | Colt M4 | 450 Bushmaster | Scar 16 Acog | Winchester 94 | Tikka T3 | Nightforce | 223 Varmint | ACOG | DMR | 1-4x | Crossbow | Handgun | Slug Gun | 22LR | Rimfire | Night Vision | LPVO | Illuminated | Rangefinder | 1 8x | Rossi 92 Scout
Hey, This is Ebert Alberts. I’m the sole writer and creator of all the content you’ll find on this site. I’ve been passionate about shooting with scopes, red dot sights, and all kinds of gun optics for years now. And during that time, I’ve learned a lot – often the hard way. I’ve wasted thousands of dollars on scopes that turned out to be duds, and I’ve also found some real gems along the way.